Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
So how did the Barr hearing go, on a score of 1 to 10? One being shitty, 10 being shitty but with juicy bits.
- Senator Hirono was not impressed with the way Attorney General William Barr handled the Mueller’s investigation, so she let him know during his appearance before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday. She called Barr a “liar” who is “no different from Rudy Giuliani or Kellyanne Conway or any of the other people who sacrificed their once decent reputation for the grifter and liar who sits in the Oval Office.” She also called on Barr to resign. Lindsey Graham got mad! Hirono was unbothered! It was all very dramatic. [CNN]
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller is going to testify before Congress next month. [Guardian]
- The White House is still thirsty for funding at the U.S.-Mexico border. Like, $3.3 billion level thirsty. [New York Times]
- Julian Assange was sentenced to 50 weeks in prison in the UK for jumping bail. [New York Times]
- New York City has introduced free phone calls to people in jail. [Queens Eagle]
- Occupy Wall Street: MEMBA HER? [Vox]
- Voters think Trump’s Twitter fingers could cost him re-election. If only! [Politico]
- And here’s a good piece about Democrats going nuts over the question of “electability.” [New Republic]
This has been Barf Bag.