In a terribly unfortunate turn of events, it would appear that Mitch McConnell and I have the same glasses.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Well, whaddya know—a day after the CBO estimated 22 million people would lose their health insurance coverage under the Senate’s upward-redistribution-of-wealth-deal-disguised-as-a-healthcare-bill, GOP support for the bill amongst hardline conservatives and moderates has faltered to the extent that Senate leaders have postponed the vote until after the July 4 recess. And what a fun recess that will be! [Washington Post]
- Just for some clarity on how the White House plays into these negotiations, here is a quote from President Trump: “This will be great if we get it done, and if we don’t get it done, it’s just going to be something that we’re not going to like and that’s OK and I understand that very well,” he declared. Aha. [The Hill]
- Today’s rare on-camera press briefing, starring deputy White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, was an absolute circus from the moment Sanders’ mysteriously mismatched eyeballs pointed themselves at the press corps. After Sanders derided the press for publishing “fake news”and citing “unnamed sources,” reporter Brian Karem lost it in an extremely satisfying way. “What you just did is inflammatory to people all over the country,” he told her. “Everybody in this room is only trying to do their job!” Huckabee later called on a “reporter” from LifeZette, Laura Ingraham’s far-right outlet, who asked the deputy press secretary whether news organizations should retract their reporting on Russia. This really happened! [Twitter]
- Undocumented immigrants have been forgoing essential medical care out of fear of deportation. [New York Times]
- Several Trump properties boast a framed Time magazine cover featuring Donald Trump that is FAKE OH MY GOD THIS IS SO GOOD. [Washington Post]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.