Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
- Remember Scott Pruitt? Remember his very expensive desk? Staffers at the Environmental Protection Agency worried that the desk had toxic levels of formaldehyde. A perfect send-off from a once powerful grifter. [Politico]
- In addition to being a misogynist, Congressman Jason Lewis (R-MN) is a racist. During a radio show Lewis hosted from 2004-2012, he “regularly expressed a belief that African-Americans had an ‘entitlement mentality,’” CNN reports. “There’s a cultural problem in the African-American community that is leading to this. The entitlement mentality,” Lewis said in a 2012 episode. Lewis also warned of the “welfare state,” single mothers, black crime, and “racial violence” inflicted on white people. [CNN]
- Ten Republican senators joined with Democrats and called on the Trump administration to “use all available resources currently at its disposal to reunite families as soon as possible.” [Talking Points Memo]
- Mike Pompeo said that the White House’s invitation to Russian president Vladimir Putin “makes enormous sense.” He added: “It is incredibly valuable to the people of the United States of America that President Putin and President Trump continue to engage in dialogue.” [NBC News]
- Kimberly Guilfoyle is leaving Fox News to work for pro-Trump PAC America First. She will also join her boyfriend, cursed son Donald Trump Jr., on the campaign trail. [Politico]
- The 2020 Republican National Convention will be in Charlotte, North Carolina. Too bad for Charlotte, an otherwise very nice city. [Washington Post]
This has been Barf Bag.