Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Wouldn’t it be funny if instead of an eclipse the moon just fell on top of us and the news would finally, finally stop?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- After it was reported that the president was behind Don Jr.’s decision to initially publish a misleading statement about the subject of his meeting with a Russian lawyer, the White House defended it the only way they know how: terribly. “The statement that Don Jr. issued is true. There’s no inaccuracy in the statement,” said press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. “The president weighed in just as any father would based on the limited information that he had.” How sweet, y’all! [Washington Post]
- The Senate has confirmed Christopher Wray as FBI director. [Washington Post]
- Congressional Republicans are literally incapable of doing their job. [Washington Post]
- Relatedly, bipartisan hearings are finally, finally being held in the hopes of stabilizing insurance markets. [The Hill]
- Paul Ryan has decided that it’s time to build “The Wall.” [The Hill]
- An update from our sweet Mooch: “I’m working on being the best person I can be, and I want chief of staff Kelly to have an unbelievable opportunity inside the White House.” [New York]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish: