Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders has declared that a mass shooting is a Bad Time to discuss gun policy, although she did not clarify when is a good time—Sarah, are you around tomorrow? Next week? Ever? Any time works, really! She also augmented this argument with an incredibly loud, piercing, dog whistle: “I think if you look to Chicago, where you had over 4,000 victims of gun-related crimes last year, they have the strictest gun laws in the country. That certainly hasn’t helped there.” [Washington Post]
- Meanwhile, the NRA has delayed running political ads in Virginia for 8 days. [The Hill]
- The Interior Department’s inspector general’s office is investigating Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke for his use of taxpayer-funded private planes, which, honestly, have literally all of them done this? [Politico]
- More Russia contacts have emerged. [Washington Post]
- A glimpse into the Democrats’ Alabama conundrum. [New York Times]
Here is a tweet the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.