Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
At least we had a good morning.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- During a White House press briefing today, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders suggested that the Justice Department ought to investigate former FBI Director James Comey for actions that “were improper and likely could have been illegal.” But she wasn’t, like, telling the Justice Dept. to do that. She was just saying, you know, maybe it would be a good idea. “If they determine that that’s the course of action to take, then they should certainly do that, but I’m not here to ever direct DOJ in—in the actions that they should take.” [Washington Post]
- As DACA recipients are reportedly detained at a border patrol checkpoint in Texas, Congress appears to have lost interest in the issue altogether. [McClatchy, McClatchy]
- Today in horrible, entirely unsurprising things: Trump’s Justice Department won’t bring federal charges against the six officers involved in the arrest and subsequent death of Freddie Gray. [AP]
- Progressive Seattle Mayor Ed Murray has resigned after a fifth man came forward publicly accusing him of sexual abuse. [Seattle Times]
- There are some pretty good lines in Hillary Clinton’s new book! [Twitter, New York Times]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.