Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Honestly, Affleck seems more like a Bernie guy?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Ben Affleck donated to Cory Booker’s campaign. Sure why not! [Daily Dot]
- Apparently four House Republicans agree that Trump’s tweets about Congresswomen Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib were racist. [New York Times]
- All-around great guy Rand Paul blocked a vote to permanently fund the 9/11 victims fund because he was worried about its budget. He didn’t seem to care when handing tax cuts to millionaires! [Politico]
- Here are some gruesome new figures about the opioid epidemic. [Washington Post]
- Want to read a leaked ICE e-mail? [TYT]
- Speaking of ICE, some private prison goons wanted ICE to help them pay their bills! [Daily Beast]
- To the surprise of no one, the House voted to kill a resolution to impeach President Trump over his racist tweets. [NBC News]
- Here’s a story about a 36-year-old progressive black woman who is primarying Rep. Joyce Beatty, a 69-year-old not-as-progressive black woman. [The Intercept]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.