Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
- Rudy Giuliani, a spittle-flecked man with MANY OPINIONS YA GOTTA HEAH, is working the pundit circuit because he has nothing better to do. This week, he was on CNN calling Trump’s longtime personal attorney Michael Cohen a liar. Fun. [The Hill]
- My secret boyfriend Michael Avenatti is now representing three women who say they had an affair with Trump and who also claimed they got money in exchange for their silence. [Politico]
- United Airlines is donating flights to reunite children separated from their families at the border. [San Francisco Business Journal]
- It turns out that most of the migrant parents who were separated from their children were not given a choice about the matter, which contradicts what Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen has said publicly. [Politico]
- The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee will start paying its interns after a letter from 13 members of the current class circulated, rightfully noting that because most of the interns are “white and wealthy...It is impossible for us to champion the working class when at the most basic levels, those who work in the party do not represent them on a socioeconomic or racial basis.” [Huffington Post]
- Looks like the economy is actually doing well. Okay...I’ll take it. [NPR]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.