Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
A sinkhole has opened up on the White House lawn, which feels a little on the nose.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The historic and rather horrifying diplomatic summit between Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un that was slated to take place on June 12—you know, the one they made a coin for—has been tentatively, ah, pushed back. “There’s a very substantial chance that it won’t work out,” Trump said today. “That doesn’t mean that it won’t work out over a period of time, but it may not work out for June 12.” Bummer!!! [CNN]
- The EPA blocked CNN, E&E News and the Associated Press from an event where Scott Pruitt was speaking. A reporter with the Associated Press was grabbed by security and forcibly removed after asking to speak to an EPA staffer. [CNN]
- Introducing Trump slumlord #973! [The Guardian]
- Animal cruelty is a really big thing with these guys, huh? [NBC News]
- Georgia primary voters are voting on easily hackable electronic voting machines that are impossible to audit. [Washington Post]
- Jared got absolutely ripped to shreds by his Harvard classmates in their 15th anniversary class report. Enjoy! [Boston.com]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.