Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
My first barf, let’s get nauseous.
- Eighteen House Republicans have written to the Nobel committee, nominating President Trump for the 2019 Peace Prize for “his work to end the Korean War, denuclearize the Korean peninsula and bring peace to the region.” Yep, it’s the tough talkin’ tweets that did it. The letter went on to say that there’s, “no one more deserving of the Committee’s recognition in 2019 than President Trump for his tireless work to bring peace to our world.” Sure! [The Guardian]
- James Comey sang “Sandcastles”—the boring song from Beyonce’s Lemonade album—during an FBI briefing. He also watches This Is Us. What a cornball, this Comey fella. [The Hill]
- White House lawyer Ty Cobb is resigning. Insert corn joke here. [Talking Points Memo]
- Mike Pence stans ex-Maricopa County Sheriff and virulent racist Joe Arpaio [NBC News]
- Roseanne tells Katie Couric that she loves Trump. We know, sis. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Marco Rubio remains spineless, once again loves the Republican tax bill that he voted for, then admitted does little to help the working class. (He was right!!!!)[Politico]
- Remember when Hobby Lobby acquired all those smuggled artifacts from Iraq? Yeah, they’re finally heading home [NPR]
This has been Barf Bag.