- Washington Post contributor Jamal Khashoggi may have been killed and dismembered in a Saudi plot that the crown prince might have been in on. But, according to the New York Times, Jared Kushner is urging President Trump to stand by his buddy Prince Mohammed since this whole thing will blow over soon. From the Times: “Jared Kushner, Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and Middle East adviser, has been urging the president to stand by Prince Mohammed, according to a person close to the White House and a former official with knowledge of the discussions. [...] Mr. Kushner has argued that the crown prince can survive the outrage just as he has weathered past criticism.” Nice to know that Kushner is such a strong advocate for human rights and basic fucking decency! Cannot wait for him to bring peace to the Middle East soon. [New York Times]
- Meanwhile, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin isn’t attending an investment summit in Saudi Arabia. [Politico]
- Another building is removing the Trump name because it’s bad for business. [Newsweek]
- Senator Dianne Feinstein supports the idea of re-opening an investigation into the sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh next year. [Washington Post]
- Iowa congressman and white supremacist Steve King supports a Canadian white supremacist. Weird! [Des Moines Register]
- One-third of non-incumbent House Democrat candidates are running on an anti-Nancy Pelosi platform. This is going to get messy. [Washington Post]
- Voter turnout may hit a 50-year high for the midterms! [NPR]
- The Trump Organization wants a dead dude to pay up after he died in an apartment fire at Trump Tower. [NY Post]
- Here’s Meghan McCain sayin’ some stuff.
This has been Barf Bag.