Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Is it just me, or is there so much more face contouring going on in the White House than there’s ever been before?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Sources have told CNN that White House Communications Director Hope Hicks, who was recently revealed to be dating now-resigned Staff Secretary Rob Porter, helped craft the White House statement responding to the multiple domestic abuse allegations against him. Chief of Staff John Kelly has also been going to bat hard for Porter, despite reportedly having known there was a restraining order out against him. [Twitter/CNN]
- Scott Pruitt has pivoted to a new favorite line of the climate denier caucus, which suggests that actually, maybe climate change is a good thing. “There are assumptions made that because the climate is warming that necessarily is a bad thing,” Pruitt said in a local Nevada interview. “Do we know what the ideal surface temperature should be in the year 2100 or year 2018?” he asked. “It’s fairly arrogant for us to think we know exactly what it should be in 2100.” What????? [The Guardian]
- Nancy Pelosi gave a 6-hour filibuster speech in support of Dreamers. [Washington Post]
- Senate leaders, however, have announced a bipartisan deal to fund the government that doesn’t address immigration. [Talking Points Memo]
- Desperate Puerto Ricans, still without power, are now trying to work together to restore it themselves. [New York Times]
- A billionaire bought the Los Angeles Times. [Politico]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.