Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Cry time before a long weekend.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- And here we have a story featuring a variety of the very worst people in the world, including Mike Pence, Ivanka Trump, and Axios’s Jonathan Swan. [Twitter]
- Kirsten Gillibrand’s people say she was running for president in the shadow of Al Franken’s resignation: “Franken was definitely a problem in terms of fundraising. He just kept coming up, over and over again.” [Politico]
- Relatedly, Julián Castro deserves better than he’s getting right now. [Politico]
- Alabama Governor Kay Ivey is really so very sorry about wearing blackface in college. She’s sorry! [NBC News]
- Other Democratic presidential candidates are hitting up Jay Inslee for advice. You can’t teach people to be hot, unfortunately. [Daily Beast]
- No, not the weed vapes! [NBC News]
- Stay safe, everyone. [CBS News]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.