Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Read on to learn who’s getting rich from the pain of immigrant kids.
- Private contractors are raking in $1 billion from the U.S. government to imprison immigrant children, a 1,000 percent increase since 2007. [AP]
- Even people fleeing gang violence and domestic abuse will no longer qualify for asylum. [CNN]
- Known racist John Schnatter of Papa John’s steps down as chairman of his third-rate pizza chain after making extremely racist comment. Bye! [NPR]
- Elon Musk, who also offered to help save the 12 boys trapped in a cave in Thailand that eventually were rescued without his assistance, has now turned his sights on fixing the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. [The Hill]
- U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh looooooooves the dissenting opinion of then-Justice William Rehnquist in Roe v. Wade, as he stated in a speech he made last year before the American Enterprise Institute. [Bloomberg]
- Meanwhile, Democratic Senator Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin (a state that voted for Trump), announced she would not vote to confirm the Supreme Court nominee. [The Star Tribune]
- Chinese government accuses U.S. of being an “an enemy to all” in the escalating trade war. Not... false...? [Politico]
- Check out Paul Manafort’s new mugshot! [NBCNews]
This has been Barf Bag.