Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Get excited: There are only 573 days left until the 2020 election. : ) : ) : )
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- At a fundraiser in San Antonio, Texas, President Trump expressed disappointment that his troops-rough-up-asylum-seekers-at-the-border fanfiction has yet to become a reality. “Our military can’t act like a military would act,” said Trump. “Because if they got a little rough, everybody would go crazy.” Trump also used the roundtable to spread more lies about dangerous migrants and the effectiveness of his fantasy wall. [NY Times/NBC News]
- SPIES!!! -Attorney General William Barr [CNN]
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand owned up to having shitty stances on immigration in the past. [Politico]
- Polls indicate that Democrats really don’t give a fuck about Joe Biden’s chronic inability to keep his hands to himself. [Politico]
- One in six migrant children in the U.S. are residing in a shelter owned by a private equity firm. Normal timeline we’ve got here. [Forbes]
- White nationalists are projecting onto Andrew Yang. [Mother Jones]
- Sen. Bernie Sanders rolled out a more expansive Medicare-for-all proposal. [Washington Post]
- We’re getting another Trump baby. [People]
- Let’s take a journey back to March 2015, when J.K. Rowling apparently revealed that Moaning Myrtle’s real name is... Myrtle Elizabeth Warren. I have no words, folks!
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.