I wish I had better news to share with you, but this is it.
- Despite his threats to veto, Donald Trump signed the $1.3 trillion spending bill on Friday. [Politico]
- Always determined to find new ways to intimidate people seeking abortions, Idaho Gov. C.L. Otter has signed legislation requiring providers to collect and report all sorts of invasive, personal information about patients to the government. As of July 1, providers will be required to inform the state about a patient’s age, race, number of children, how many abortions she has had, and if any of her children have died. [Idaho Statesman]
- California Congresswoman Jackie Speier blasted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell for omitting a bill tackling sexual harassment in Congress from the spending bill. “Sen. McConnell should be ashamed, and I think it’s time for the women of Kentucky to have a #TimesUp moment at the polls.” [Sacramento Bee]
- Ben Carson’s days at the White House might be numbered. What incompetent man will replace him? [NYMag]
- Andrew Cuomo does not have a favorite Sex and the City character (though I doubt he loves Miranda these days). [Twitter/Bobby Cuza]
This has been Barf Bag.