Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Other poll: 100 percent of Ellie Shechet’s body feels stressed.
- According to an NBC News/WSJ poll released Tuesday, the GOP tax bill has become increasingly disliked over the past two months—just 24 percent of Americans polled think it’s a “good idea,” while 41 percent think it’s a “bad idea.” This has not impacted Paul Ryan’s all-time horniest day one bit, I’ll note. At the same time, somehow, 40 percent of Americans think Trump has made the economy better, while 21 percent think he’s made it worse. [NBC]
- Democrats are now tied with Republicans in the Virginia House of Delegates after a recount that put Democrat Shelly Simonds ahead of Republican David Yancey by A SINGLE VOTE. Say it with me: dang!!!! [Politico]
- States including Connecticut, Colorado, and Alabama have announced that they will end their health-care programs for low- and middle-income children within the next month if Congress doesn’t fund the normally bipartisan Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). [The Hill]
- Mike Pence is blowing off a tense Middle East trip following up Trump’s Jerusalem announcement until January to make sure the American economy is good and fucked up. [New York Times]
- A long-running dudefight appears to have regained steam. [Twitter]
- Girl... [Politico]
This has been Barf Bag.