Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Remember this cursed image?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Federal investigators have reportedly been monitoring Michael Cohen’s phones, including at least one phone call between the embattled lawyer and client Donald Trump. [NBC News]
- Rudy Giuliani doesn’t believe the report but took the time to say: “They’re acting like storm troopers—give me a break, baby!” [Daily Beast]
- More Giuliani, baby! [The Hill]
- Here’s a terrifying sentence: “A Giuliani-empowered Trump will only get more aggressive.” [Axios]
- Like everyone else in the administration, Sarah Sanders is having a very hard time keeping track of Trump’s statements about his payout to Stormy Daniels. [Talking Points Memo]
- It’s okay, Trump says his payout to Daniels did not violate campaign laws. [New York Times]
- The Tennessee Senate Republican primary, which finds Bob Corker and Marsha Blackburn running against each other, is the drama I crave. [Politico]
- In very unrelated, but equally inane drama, the House Chaplain pressured by Paul Ryan to resign has rescinded his resignation. [Washington Post]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.