Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Is it just me, or have we had to think about Trump Younger and Trump Senior’s sex lives way, way too much this week?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The Pennsylvania Republican Party, having exhausted all legitimate avenues of protest against the redrawing of their heavily gerrymandered congressional map, have now opted to impeach the Democratic state Supreme Court justices who made the decision, citing “misbehavior in office.” That’s, uh, insane! “This is an unprecedented and undemocratic attempt to retaliate against the judicial branch,” Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf said in a statement. [TPM]
- As it turns out, Andrew McCabe, whom Attorney General Jeff Sessions just fired and stripped of his pension for “lack of candor,” oversaw a now-shuttered criminal investigation into whether Sessions committed perjury while during his confirmation hearing. [ABC]
- Trump congratulated Putin on his election “win” despite being given briefing materials that read “DO NOT CONGRATULATE” in all-caps. [Washington Post]
- Kellyanne for communications director? Please no? [The Atlantic]
- Joe Biden is really having trouble resisting Trump’s bullshit hyper-masculine rhetoric, huh? [CBS News]
- This just in: Candy Carson is The Deep State. [The Daily Beast]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.