Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
It has just been 24 hours since yesterday. Can you even believe it?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Attorneys General from 15 states and the District of Columbia filed suit against the Trump administration on Wednesday. “Rescinding DACA will cause harm to hundreds of thousands of the States’ residents, injure State-run colleges and universities, upset the States’ workplaces, damage the States’ economies, hurt State-based companies, and disrupt the States’ statutory and regulatory interests,” the lawsuit reads. It also claims that the suit was a “culmination” of Trump’s campaign promises to “punish and disparage people with Mexican roots.” [Washington Post]
- Our president, the deal prodigy, shocked Republican lawmakers today by quickly siding with Democrats on a three-month bill to fund the government (Republican leaders had initially hoped for an 18-month debt-limit hike). “We essentially came to a deal, and I think the deal will be very good,” Trump elaborated. He also told reporters, concerning DACA: “Chuck and Nancy want to see something happen and so do I.” Before Trump became close personal friends with the Democratic leaders and agreed to their terms without fuss, Speaker Paul Ryan referred to that exact plan as “ridiculous.” [Washington Post]
- The Republican-led House just passed a rule that exempts self-driving cars from safety regulations, just so everybody can rest even easier at night. [USA Today]
- The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law filed a lawsuit against Trump’s wheezing Confederate ghost of an “Election Integrity Commission” today, claiming that some commission members used personal email to conduct government business, everybody scream now! [The Verge]
- Click here for Irma updates.
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.