Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Can’t talk! Singing Hoku’s “Perfect Day” to a cobweb-covered stool in the corner!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The Trump administration is working on weakening radiation restrictions in the U.S. because by relying on “scientific outliers” who argue a little bit of radiation is now... good for you? As they say: A bit of radiation damage a day keeps the doctor away because you are dead. [Associated Press]
- Mama’s maddest good boy Lindsey Graham says Donald Trump should re-nominate Brett Kavanaugh if his Supreme Court nomination doesn’t go through. Not taking no for an answer………what a depressingly appropriate strategy……… [The Hill]
- What year is it. [Teen Vogue]
- ICE contractors “improperly” put 14 detainees in solitary confinement, denied them medical care for months on end, and mocked detainees for their failed suicide attempts. [USA Today]
- Donald Trump has reportedly picked Lana Marks, a South African-born luxury handbag designer who hasn’t actually lived in South Africa for more than 40 years, to be the next U.S. Ambassador to South Africa. [The Guardian]
- Whoa, looks like Marks recently paid whatever buttload amount of money to hold her daughter’s lavish, 300-person wedding at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. What a coincidence! [Washington Post reporter David Fahrenthold/Twitter]
- The FBI might conclude its investigation into the sexual assault allegations made against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh as early as Wednesday? Well ‘scuse meeeee while I eat this kniiiife. [The New York Times]
- Hassan al Kontar, the Syrian refugee stranded in a Kuala Lumpur airport for the past seven months, was arrested and detained on Tuesday. The facts of his detention are unclear as details are few and far between. [NBC News]
- Seriously regretting becoming a white woman rn [Twitter]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.