Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
I’m so tired!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- How many times have you read the phrase “feckless cunt” (or, better yet, “feckless c—-”) today? Probably too many, but here are a few more mentions: In a statement from Sarah Sanders, the White House called Samantha Bee’s description of Ivanka Trump “vile and vicious.” Sanders also called the “executives at Time Warner and TBS” to “demonstrate that such explicit profanity about female members of this administration will not be condoned on its network.” [The Daily Beast]
- The ghost of Melania Trump weighed in, or at least a statement claiming to be from Melania weighed in. This sequel to Rebecca is really unexpected. [CNBC]
- So did everyone else. [The Hill]
- After pardoning Dinesh D’Souza, Trump said he was also considering commuting the sentence of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich and pardoning Martha Stewart. Don’t do it, Martha! [Washington Post]
- Trump’s anti-abortion judicial appointees could have a long-lasting impact on abortion policy and access. [The Guardian]
- “Global trade war,” is a term we’re likely to hear a lot of in the next few months. [Politico]
- A new poll shows that only 20 percent of voters trust Republicans to handle sexual harassment in the workplace. [Axios]
- Mitt Romney didn’t vote for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election. Instead, he wrote in the name of his wife, Ann. At least he voted for a woman. [Talking Points Memo]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.