Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Today in impeachment news, words are hard and long meetings where only white men talk are tedious.
- Today’s impeachment hearings introduced a bombshell: We’ve all been pronouncing Kyiv incorrectly. According to this very helpful explainer, the key-ev sound we’ve all been making when ordering chicken is not the noise, closer to keev, made by Ukrainians when naming their capital. Good to know! [Twitter]
- The other bombshell: Trump yells into the phone about things that could get him impeached. [Vox]
- Rep. Jim Jordan thinks Adam Schiff knows who the whistleblower is, and Rep. Devin Nunes knows a bunch of buzzwords. [Politico]
- Eric Trump would know from boring.
- And what it’s like to be desperate and off-putting.
- Aides think now is probably not a good time for Trump to fire anyone. [Washington Post]
- But they’re just fine with making up rules for keeping asylum seekers out of work. [CNN]
- Bernie ate a salad. [New York Times]
- Save us, Liz.
This has been Barf Bag.