Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
I’m listening to the Pride & Prejudice soundtrack and everything’s fine!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Nebraska Republican National Committee official Joyce Simmons resigned on Monday in protest of her party’s financial support for an accused sexual predator. Pretty weird that more people haven’t done this! “I strongly disagree with the recent RNC financial support directed to the Alabama Republican Party for use in the Roy Moore race,” she said. “There is much I could say about this situation, but I will defer to this weekend’s comments by Senator Shelby.” [Lincoln Journal-Star]
- France has awarded 13 US climate scientists with “Make Our Planet Great Again” grants. [Time]
- Big Boy Goes to Moon Even Better This Time. [Politico]
- The American Bar Association has deemed several of Trump’s horrifyingly terrible judicial nominees to be “not qualified”—which has resulted, of course, in Republicans attempting to delegitimize the American Bar Association. [Politico]
- North Korea may be developing biological weapons. Don’t... worry... though... as I’ve said, everything’s fine! [Washington Post]
- Learn about Ted Cruz’s Democratic opponent Rep. Beto O’Rourke, who was just endorsed by the League of Conservation Voters. [HuffPost]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.