Jesus, what a day.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- A few days after two attorneys general filed a similar lawsuit, 200 Democratic members of Congress filed a federal lawsuit against Trump accusing him of violating the emoluments clause. The lawsuit, according to the New York Times, “accuses Mr. Trump of illegally profiteering from his businesses in a variety of ways, including collecting payments from foreign diplomats who stay in his hotels and accepting trademark approvals from foreign governments for his company’s goods and services.” [New York Times]
- Here are some awful new details on James T. Hodgkinson, who opened fire on Republican lawmakers at a baseball practice this morning: Hodgkinson had a history of violence, according to police reports, particularly aimed at his two foster daughters. [The Daily Beast]
- The Senate overwhelmingly passed new sanctions against Russia in a bill that also would limit Trump’s ability to roll back sanctions against Russia. [Politico]
- Betsy DeVos is reworking two Obama-era rules protecting students from predatory for-profit colleges. [The Hill]
- Nice: Chris Christie has a 15 percent approval rating, the lowest of any New Jersey governor ever. [Politico]
- According to a USA Today report, over the past year most Trump properties were bought by limited liability companies, allowing buyers’ identities to remain concealed. [USA Today]
- It’s Donald Trump’s birthday.
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
Nothing too crazy yet today, thankfully. Any minute now!
This has been Barf Bag.