Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Time to drink a Diet Dr. Pepper and call it a day.
- A growing number of House Democrats, including House Judiciary Committee Chair Jerrold Nadler, are calling for impeachment proceedings against the president, but Nancy Pelosi is still a no. “I don’t want to see him impeached, I want to see him in prison,” Pelosi said in a recent meeting with Nadler and other top Democrats. Both of those things can happen, Nancy! [Politico]
- “He made such a fool out of himself,” Donald Trump said of Robert Mueller, minutes before a ceremony meant to honor the 75th anniversary of D-Day, which is a very appropriate time to insult people. [New York Times]
- Nothing to see here, just your typical story about a wealthy Iraqi sheikh who desperately wants the U.S. to go to war with Iran, was paid $1,000,000 per month by the CIA during the war in Iraq, and spent at least some of that money to stay for 26 nights at Trump’s hotel in D.C. [Washington Post]
- Negotiations between the Mexican government and the Trump administration over Trump’s bullying threats to impose tariffs unless Mexico takes action to curb the number of Central American asylum seekers coming to the U.S. are... going. [Washington Post]
- The Department of Homeland Security’s Office of the Inspector General released a new report on conditions at four ICE detention centers, and they’re about as awful as you might expect. [DHS OIG]
- More drama is brewing over who will make it to the Democratic debate stage. Read the article with a grain of salt, however—the author is clearly biased against my girl Marianne Williamson, describing her as a “meditation guru” and a “lesser-known” figure. [Politico]
- During her MSNBC town hall on Wednesday night, Elizabeth Warren extremely correctly called out Joe Biden’s support for the Hyde Amendment.
- And then she worked extremely hard afterwards meeting and greeting her fans.
This has been Barf Bag.