Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
So is he gonna get impeached or nah?
- Nancy Pelosi sought to quell the burgeoning impeachment fervor, noting that the numbers just aren’t there. “Many constituents want to impeach the president, but we want to do what is right, and what gets results,” she said, a statement which is sure to prove controversial among Democrats in the weeks and months ahead. This renewed interest in impeachment follows a resignation speech by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, in which he claimed his investigation didn’t explicitly exonerate President Trump of committing a crime.
- Bad man Mitch McConnell says that he would absolutely move to fill the seat of a deceased Supreme Court Justice in 2020, an election year. Is it irony if it’s not surprising? Hypocrisy is very on brand. [NY Times]
- “Egg Boy” donates the $70,000 he raised to the victims of the Christchurch shooting and their families. [NBC]
- Scott Lloyd is bouncing from the Department of Health and Human Services. Good riddance. [Politico]
- In happier news, Maine has banned conversion therapy! [NBC]
- Beto O’Rourke promises to pen a path to citizenship for 11 million immigrants if he is elected president. [CBS]
- Hi, I’d like you to meet... freedom gas:
This has been Barf Bag.