Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Are we fucked?
- Senate Republicans used a “nuclear option” tactic Wednesday, changing the chamber rules to make it easier to confirm lower-level and district court nominees. NBC News reports that Senate Majority Leader—and life ruiner—Mitch McConnell led the effort, which he characterized as fighting “systematic obstruction” against “our duly elected president.” Barf. [NBC News]
- Speaking of Trump appointees, find out how they obstructed a recall against a stroller that injured several children. [Washington Post]
- Kamala Harris wants Dreamers to be eligible for jobs as congressional staffers or interns. [Politico]
- Old people lacking online literacy skills are uniquely vulnerable to internet scams, but as an ultra reliable voting block, their consumption of misinformation may also endanger our political futures. Incredible![Buzzfeed News]
- Michael Brown’s mother lost her city council bid in Ferguson. [New York Times]
- Elizabeth Warren wants scamming corporate execs to go to JAIL! PERIOD! [Washington Post]
- Sarah Palin is still pressed that she wasn’t invited to John McCain’s funeral. [USA Today]
- Bernie Sander’s election bid is still riddled with drama. [Washington Post]
- Uh, Pete Buttigieg wrote an essay in college about... Dave Matthews Band, 9/11, and Radiohead. [Stereogum]
- President Trump, genius, thinks windmills cause cancer. There is no evidence that supports his claim. [Newsweek]
This has been Barf Bag.