Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
I’m planning on binge watching the rest of You on Netflix for the duration of this arctic blast. What about you?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the quiet part loud again on Wednesday, describing Democrats’ attempt to pass a bill that makes Election Day a federal holiday as a “power grab.” Okay, Mitch! [Washington Post]
- Russian hackers allegedly leaked over 1,000 files from the Mueller investigation which sounds pretty on brand. [Guardian]
- Recently fired undocumented employees of one of President Trump’s golf clubs are asking Congress for protection from deportation. [CNN]
- But one undocumented employee, Victorina Morales, will attend the State of the Union at the invitation of Rep. Bonnie Watson Colemann, a Democrat from New Jersey. [Washington Post]
- A new Washington Post-ABC News poll indicates that a majority of Americans say they will “definitely not” vote for Trump in 2020. A majority of Americans give me trust issues though!!! [NBC]
- “I grew up in the projects,” said billionaire and 2020 hopeful Howard Schultz, in response to criticism over the his reluctance toward paying higher taxes. He’s going to mention the fact that he’s from the projects a lot over the next few months, so you might as well get used to it now.
- If you fancy it, tuck in and read this long Twitter thread by writer Patrick Blanchfield, who read Chris Christie’s memoir Let Me Finish so you don’t have to:
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.