Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Call me Barf Hag. For I am but a hag… and this? Is my bag.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called our national debt “disturbing” and proposed cuts to programs like Medicare and Medicaid in order to lower it. Personally, I think someone using their position in government to legislate away the vital social services they themselves don’t need thanks to that government position’s hefty, nearly $200,000 annual salary is disturbing—but that’s just me! [Talking Points Memo]
- Guess how much experience doing international diplomacy and stuff this woman who might be our next U.N. Ambassador has? No, go ahead! Guess! [Politico]
- White politicians stop talking about DNA testing challenge. [Politico]
- White politicians stop talking about DNA testing challenge.  [Talking Points Memo]
- Candidates and committees have spent upwards of $150 million on ads about immigration, which CNN says is way more than past election cycles. [CNN]
- The guy who gave $150,000 to the legal defense fund for Trump aides tied to the Mueller investigation isn’t just a Trump campaign donor…he’s also a member at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago golf resort. Multi-faceted king! [Politico]
- The PEN American Center is suing the President, alleging free speech violations. [Associated Press]
- Trump, meanwhile, has threatened to cut off aid to Honduras if Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernández doesn’t stop a caravan of about 1,500 migrants from heading to the U.S. [BBC]
- Dark-money groups are refusing to reveal their anonymous donors, even though a court order liiiiiiiiiiiiike ordered them to do so. [Politico]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.