Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Well, I did it. I filled the whole bag.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover this week:
- Mitch McConnell might look like a gourd, but he is not a gourd man. Case in point: He told reporters that it felt like Republican senators were “literally under assault” during the Kavanaugh hearings because demonstrators, many of them survivors themselves, confronted them over their decision to vote an accused rapist onto the Supreme Court. [Politico]
- Bawitdaba da bang da bang diggy diggy diggy shake the boogie said up jump I hate this. [The Wrap]
- Vote.org got about 65,000 new voter registrations in the first 24 hours after Taylor Swift’s Instagram post urging her followers to register to vote. That’s more than the site got in the entire month of August. [BuzzFeed News]
- Rihanna would also like it if you registered to vote, thanks. [The FADER]
- Kelley Paul, Rand Paul’s normal wife, sleeps with a loaded gun beside her bed because she’s afraid Democrats will attack her in her sleep, which heyyyyyyy it’s working we made racists afraid again! [The Daily Mail]
- Former congressman from New York Anthony Weiner, who’s in prison for sending sexually explicit material to a minor, might be released soon on good behavior. [The Hill]
- This guy book bad. [The Miami New Times]
- Eric Dreiband, Trump’s nominee for the position of assistant attorney general, has an appalling record of going after women and LGBTQ people’s rights. This is bad, period, but especially so because, if he gets the job, he’s gonna head up the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division. [Rewire News]
- Speaking of bad people, Andrew Wheeler, the head of the Environmental Protection Agency, loves “racist, conspiratorial posts on social media” featuring the Obamas. [The Huffington Post]
- Former U.S. senator from Maryland Joseph D. Tydings has died. He was 90. [The Baltimore Sun]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.