Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Donald Trump came back to Twitter today. All is well (???) in the world again.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- While the Trump administration has made its opposition to abortion—a constitutional and, dare I say, human right—quite apparent, Vice President Mike Pence went so far as promising to end will end abortion “in our time.” “If all of us do all we can, we can once again, in our time, restore the sanctity of life to the center of American law,” Pence said at a luncheon for the anti-abortion Susan B. Anthony List & Life Institute on Tuesday. “Let me admonish you as we go forward in this cause in 2018 to understand while we have made great progress, we have much work left to do.” [The Hill]
- On that note: South Dakota has passed an astounding anti-abortion bill that would ban abortion providers from informing patients that politicians are requiring them to make statements that politicians have required them to make. Seriously. [Argus Leader]
- The White House has ended its relationship with Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, Melania Trump’s unpaid advisor (whose company incidentally received a hefty $26 million to help plan the presidential inauguration). The Trump family apparently severed ties last week, after learning that Wolkoff created the nonprofit group that oversaw the event. [New York Times]
- Condolences to Trump baby Jared Kushner, who no longer has access to top-secret, highly sensitive information. [Politico]
- The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, a wonderful organization, reportedly advised House candidates to avoid “politics” and “policy discussion” in the aftermath of the Las Vegas mass shooting in October. Instead, they suggested “offering thoughts/prayers for victims and their families, and thanking 1st responders who saved lives.” [HuffPost]
- A reorganization within the EPA is imminent. [The Hill]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.