Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
The Regency strikes again!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Michael Cohen, by the way, has been under criminal investigations for “months,” prosecutors have confirmed. [The Hill]
- The Justice Department inspector general released a damning and curiously timed report on former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe. [New York Times]
- So, Mike Pompeo’s confirmation hearing didn’t go great. [CNN]
- The GOP-led Kentucky legislature overrode Republican Gov. Matt Bevin’s veto and voted to raise taxes to increase public education funding. [The Hill]
- Rosenstein is reportedly preparing himself to get fired. [The Hill]
- A new Republican-sponsored Farm Bill would force work requirements into the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP). [NPR]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.