Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Hey, guys. Happy Wednesday:
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Melania Trump believes her husband, the president, when he denies having an affair with adult film actress Stormy Daniels. At least, according to Trump lawyer/minion Rudy Giuliani. “She believes her husband and she doesn’t think it’s true,” said Giuliani. OK! [The Hill]
- Speaking of Giuliani, here’s a video of him getting lit in Israel:
- Trump may have justified imposing tarrifs on Canada because our countries were beefing during the War of 1812. “Didn’t you guys burn down the White House?” said Trump, reportedly. Welcome to hell!!! [CNN]
- Activist Zach Wahls, whose speech defending the marriage of his same-sex parents went viral seven years ago, won a Democratic primary for an Iowa Senate seat. [CNN]
- Ivanka Trump put former Trump attorney Michael Cohen in contact with a Russian weightlifter who offered to set up a meeting between then candidate Trump and Vladamir Putin because nothing is out of the realm of possibility anymore. [Buzzfeed News]
- Check out Eagles football player Malcolm Jenkins’s creative way of interacting with reporters regarding Trump rescinding the team’s invitation to the White House:
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.