Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Are you staying hydrated?
- Melania Trump’s spokesperson Stephanie Grisham has responded to a misogynistic comment from Mark Roberts, a Republican running for a House seat in Oregon who called Trump a “hoebag” and denigrated sex workers on Twitter. “This is just more hypocritical intolerance from those who oppose her husband’s administration,” she said. “To say such ugly words about a mother, wife, and our First Lady is not just a pathetic attempt at getting himself in the news; it is disturbing and despicable.” [People]
- U.S. Army Spec. Yea Ji Sea has served in the armed forces for more than four years. She was part of a program that grants immigrants citizenship in exchange for service. But in the wake of the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies, she has been discharged and may end up in ICE custody. The ACLU has sued the administration on Sea’s behalf. [Washington Post]
- InfoWars has been removed from Spotify, a service that the conspiracy radio show should never have been on in the first place. [HuffPost]
- The Fairness Project has been funding Medicaid expansion in red states. [The Hill]
- Democratic leaders are accusing Trump of obstructing justice for calling on Attorney General Jeff Sessions to end the Russia investigation. [The Hill]
- Like obituaries, reporters are pre-writing stories about Trump officials getting fired so they can keep up with the turn-over. [New Yorker]
- Two dark lords are fighting: Donald Trump lashes out at the Koch Brothers. [Politico]
- The fight between their two dark masters is making other Republicans worred. [NBC]
- Months after the Trump administration inhumanely separated thousands of children from their parents, Ivanka Trump has bravely come out to call the moment a “low point” for the administration. She proceeded to support her father’s tough stance on immigration. [Washington Post]
- Maryland House Speaker Michael E. Busch is moving to protect abortion rights at the state level in wake of the threat to Roe v. Wade. [Washington Post]
- Nearly half of Customs and Border Protection agents failed their entrance exam, an audit revealed. [Fronteras]
- America’s roadways are about to get more polluted. The Trump administration has removed Obama-era roll-backs on fuel economy standards for vehicles. [NBC]
- White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders refuses to comment on whether the White House views the press as “the enemy of the people.” [Associated Press]
This has been Barf Bag.