Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Melania Trump has been dressed for a funeral all week, if you ask me. I know her outfit on Tuesday was white but it still reads very funeral. Who knows what that means! [New York Times, Yahoo]
- The NRA’s annual meeting is shaping up to be a horror show featuring the very worst people alive. See you there! [Politico]
- Trump is fundraising around his decision to not attend the White House Correspondents Dinner, so now it is bad for another reason. You should all be ashamed, honestly. [The Hill]
- Is the Kushner family ever not up to some extremely shady shit in pursuit of funding? Do they have hobbies or sleep ever? [Bloomberg]
- Probably feels good to be Ronny Jackson right now. [New York Times]
- After a long career of being right about things, Barbara Lee is once again right. On Tuesday, the California Democrat wrote an opinion piece about this administration’s approach to food assistance, describing proposed work requirements and cuts as “rooted in racist and classist stereotypes about SNAP recipients—not concern for the long-term economic well-being of families living on the brink.” [The Mercury News]
- I would like to request a correction because the president, actually, has no friends. [NBC News]
- Arizona Republicans were thwarted after trying to undermine democracy, but there is always tomorrow to try again! [Talking Points Memo]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.