How many gummy bears can I stress-eat before they all glom together in my stomach and I am killed?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Sen. John McCain announced on Friday that he “cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal,” despite the fact that the bill is sponsored by two of his BFFs. This makes the legislation, which will be blocked if more than two Republican senators oppose, unlikely to pass by the September 30 deadline; Rand Paul has said he’s a definite no (because it’s not repeal-y enough, as usual) and Susan Collins has suggested she’ll vote against it. “Of course, I’m disappointed,” Sen. Bill Cassidy, one of the bill’s sponsors and an inhabitant of an upside-down universe where he’s doing the right thing, said to the Times, “but that doesn’t mean that I’m going to stop working for those folks who can’t afford their premiums. We are still working. We are still hoping.” [New York Times]
- Tom Price! This pink-faced twerp! Guess what he’s been doing! I’ll tell you! He has been spending over $300,000 of your tax dollars to fly in at least 24 private chartered planes. [Politico]
- Election officials in 21 states were informed by Homeland Security on Friday that hackers targeted their voter registration systems. [AP]
- Melania Trump planted kale in Michelle Obama’s garden today, which I guess is better than the alternative but like, I don’t know, please step off our leeks!!!! [Washingon Post]
- Republicans interested in pursuing massive tax cuts have decided that moving forward, economists are Wrong. [New York Times]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.