Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
And now he has my full trust!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Mark Zuckerberg testified in the Senate today, and he did not have an enormous amount to say for the behemoth corporation he runs that maybe helped install a despot as POTUS, but he did sit on a cushion to make himself look like a big boy, which was medium effective. [New York Times, Twitter]
- A BuzzFeed analysis found that “Republican officials in 49 states have openly attacked Muslims with words and proposed legislation since 2015.” [BuzzFeed]
- So the Michael Cohen thing seems to be a very big deal, though I am still preoccupied by the Luann connection. [New York Times]
- Republicans in Congress continue to seem very interested in discouraging Trump from firing Mueller while curiously very uninterested in taking concrete steps to prevent him from doing so. [Politico]
- The EPA crisis continues, although Scott Pruitt seems to be hanging on. [Politico]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.