Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
If you need me, I will be over here.
- Ivanka Trump, Princess of the United States and High Priestess of Saying Things About Things, is pushing for the GOP’s new “tax reform” plan with all of her glistening might. “For me this tax plan really couples two things that are really core values as a country, which is work and supporting the American family,” Ivanka said. (It doesn’t.) “Simplification really does democratize the tax code,” she also said. (It doesn’t.) Love you, girl! [Politico]
- While the DNC flails, Democratic congressional candidates are raising an enormous amount of cash. [Politico]
- Another day has passed, which means the EPA is looking to repeal yet another onerous regulation stifling everyday Americans with clean air and stuff. [Washington Post]
- Here’s a fun, lighthearted read about the “major security vulnerabilities” in Kris Kobach’s election commission voter database. [Mother Jones]
- John McCain is writing a memoir. [LA Times]
This has been Barf Bag.