Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Isn’t it weird that today felt...fine?
Or did it.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Republican Senator Lindsey Graham has come to Stormy Daniels’ defense after the president’s weasel-toothed lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, said that he doesn’t respect Daniels or consider her credible because of her career as an adult film star. “I don’t think this rhetoric particularly helps,” Graham said. “I think it was inappropriate. Whatever career choices she made, she made. Bottom line is, this is not helpful.” Lindsey, my man...welcome to the resistance??? [ABC News]
- For what it’s worth, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also agrees that Giuliani is a salty old geezer whose opinions arelike the rumblings of a body in GI distress: dusty, gaseous, and completely worthless. [CNN]
- President Trump feels great about withdrawing from the Iran deal, thanks so much for asking. [New York Times]
- Will David Petraeus get pardoned next? Who knows! [Politico]
- Oh good, House Republicans are going to try and figure out a way to kumbaya a solution about immigration so that the government doesn’t shut down. [Washington Post]
- “Melania Trump’s spokeswoman’s response to Rudy Giuliani is lit” says CNN. Is...it? [CNN]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.