Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- A fairly unsurprising but still incredible tidbit from this New York Magazine piece on Steve Bannon: “On his office wall hung an oil painting of Bannon dressed as Napoleon in his study at the Tuileries, done in the style of Jacques-Louis David’s famous neoclassical painting — a gift from Nigel Farage.” [New York Magazine]
- The ACLU has sued Donald Trump, Mike Pence and the “Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity.” [Politico]
- My god, Chris Christie is the gift that keeps on giving. A Monmouth University poll asked New Jerseyans, 15% of whom approve of the governor, to word-associate following the release of now-infamous photos of Christie on a closed New Jersey beach:
- Nope, we’re not done: Christie auditioned today for a hosting job on WFAN, a sports talk radio station, and fielded “multiple angry calls” throughout. In response, Christie called one caller a “communist” and a “bum.” [HuffPost]
- Donald Trump Jr. has said that he will cooperate with congressional probes into Russian interference after news broke of his meeting with a Kremlin-linked lawyer. [Politico]
- A brief reminder that Sinclair Broadcasting, which hopes to purchase Tribune Media, is a propagandist bog monster. [Politico]
- And another brief reminder that the Vice President is a terrifying dunce. [The Hill]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.