Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
I fucked up and had wine instead of Diet Dr. Pepper last night!!!
- Rudy Giuliani, a man known for his messy divorces, is having another extremely messy divorce, this time from his third wife Judith. Here’s a fun tidbit: “In caustic legal proceedings this summer, the separated couple has battled over things as prosaic as her kitchen renovations and as rarefied as his splurges—$7,131 on fountain pens and another $12,012 on cigars.” [New York Times]
- Ivanka Trump told a room full of Republican donors that she got her “moral compass” from her “dad,” which, no shit. [Politico]
- A nice story about how Donald Trump called Egypt’s authoritarian president Abdel Fattah Al Sisi “my favorite dictator.” [Wall Street Journal]
- Always a good day when Boris Johnson is heckled. [BBC]
- This is certainly very normal:
- Can someone please explain to me how these headlines about Joe Biden “winning” continue to be written after every debate in which he looks old, sad, and lost? [Vox/Bloomberg]
This has been Barf Bag.