Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Can it be a coincidence that Twitter was down for a time this afternoon? ;)
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Ultimate shitposter Donald Trump held his “social media summit” today, for which he gathered together some of the dumbest and most vile idiots, liars, racists, conspiracy theorists, and misogynists in one room. Incredibly, some people, including far-right nutjob Laura Loomer, were considered either too vile or too dumb to get invites. Loomer, for her part, was truly upset to not get to rub elbows with such luminaries as a man who goes by the Twitter handle of @CarpeDonktum. “It’s just absolutely disgusting how poorly this summit was planned and how blatant the act was to keep banned individuals out,” Loomer fumed. [Slate/Associated Press/]
- Here are some “highlights” from the day!
- Sadly, there will be no strip club-sponsored golf tournament at Trump’s resort in Doral, Florida after all. [Washington Post]
- In incredibly fucked up news, ICE will launch nationwide raids to arrest thousands of members of undocumented families this Sunday. [New York Times]
- Trump still wants his racist citizenship question on the 2020 Census, and plans to announce that he will take executive action to get the Commerce Department to “obtain an estimate of U.S. citizenship through other means.” If you have no idea what that means, join the club! [ABC News]
- Guess who might be subpoenaed by the House Judiciary Committee? Jared Kushner, that’s who! And also Jeff Sessions, Rod Rosenstein, Michael Flynn, John Kelly, Rob Porter, and *drumroll* DAVID PECKER. [Politico]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.