Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Spent the day cultivating my new business dirtbag look.
- Last year, Donald Trump made $107,000 selling everything from t-shirts to deodorant, teddy bears, gold playing cards, and even a gold bar coin bank, all emblazoned with the Trump name, at Trumpstore.com. There’s even a cursed polo shirt for the Trump-loving baby in your life. [USA Today]
- Trump pardoned boxer Jack Johnson. The first black man to win the heavyweight championship, Johnson was convicted in 1921 under the Mann Act, which barred the transportation of women across state lines for “immoral purposes.” The prosecution was a thinly-veiled act of racial prejudice meant to punish Johnson for his relationship with a white woman. [Reuters]
- Trump also signed legislation rolling back protections in Dodd-Frank. [The Hill]
- Trump’s lawyer Emmett Flood crashed two classified hearings on the Russia investigation. [Daily Beast]
- Nancy Pelosi loves the National Anthem. She also loves the First Amendment. She also has no opinion on the NFL’s new rule requiring players to stand during the National Anthem. [CNN]
- Kellyanne Conway’s husband tweets. [Politico]
- An Iowa gubernatorial candidate has dropped out of the race following multiple allegations of sexual harassment. [Politico]
- A border patrol agent killed a woman trying to cross the border near Laredo, Texas. [New York Times]
- In a sign of the times, the New Hampshire legislature passed a bill that gives death benefits to teachers if “they’re killed in the line of duty.” [CNN]
This has been Barf Bag.