Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Did you know barf bag spelled backwards is gab frab? Makes you think!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Disgruntled cocker spaniel on dog Klonopin Kellyanne Conway attempted to blame the fatal shooting at Pittsburgh’s Tree of Life synagogue, which left 11 people dead, on “anti-religiosity,” ignoring the shooter’s history of professed anti-Semitism. “The anti-religiosity in this country that is somehow in vogue and funny to make fun of anybody of faith, to constantly be making fun of people that express religion—the late-night comedians, the unfunny people on TV shows—it’s always anti-religious,” said Conway. [The Wrap]
- The Pentagon is sending 5,200 troops to the U.S.-Mexico border to back up Border Patrol when the so-called “migrant caravan” of Central American asylum seekers arrive. [The Daily Beast]
- Hillary Clinton might still run for president, even though she shouldn’t. [The Hill]
- Michael Avenatti’s definitely running for president, even though he shouldn’t. [Politico]
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who has held the position since 2005, will not seek re-election. Her term will end in 2021. [BuzzFeed News]
- “Choke it down, and vote.” A mood! [The Star-Ledger]
- An Atlanta post office has intercepted yet another “suspicious” package addressed to CNN headquarters. The network received two pipe bombs in the mail last week, as did Barack Obama, the Clintons, and other key figures in the Democratic Party. Over the weekend, Cesar Sayoc of Florida was arrested and charged in connection with these crimes. [The Guardian]
- Speaking of Cesar Sayoc, documentary filmmaker Michael Moore shared deleted footage from Fahrenheit 11/9 showing Sayoc chanting “CNN sucks!” at a Trump rally. [The Independent]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.