Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
It has been a WILD day in Washington, lemme tell ya...
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- According to That Book, former splotchy Trump advisor Steve Bannon “exploded” at Ivanka Trump in a shouting match, in which Bannon accused Ivanka of not knowing her place. He allegedly told her that she was a “goddamn staffer” and had to go through then chief of staff Reince Priebus to talk to the president like everyone else. Whew, this white-on-white crime has me sweating! [People]
- Senator Marco Rubio pulled an “I don’t know her” on Alex Jones and low key threatened to fight him??? And Jones called Rubio a “little punk” too??? Wylin. [NBC]
- Trump claims he never called Jeff Sessions “mentally retarded.” [Politico]
- Brett Kavanaugh doesn’t think assault weapons should be banned because they’re “common.” So is abortion but like...... [Mother Jones]
- Oh, and if that didn’t make you feel warm and fuzzy: Kavanaugh defended his record on trying to further delay a detained immigrant minor from having an abortion after she was given a judge’s approval to terminate the pregnancy. [Talking Points Memo]
- Obama is going to stop water skiing and dishing out book recs and whatever the hell else he’s been doing and hit the campaign trail for Democrats. [The Guardian]
- Republicans are going to take another whack at Obamacare [Politico]
- Roy Moore is suing Sacha Baron Cohen for $95 million after getting clowned on Who Is America? [TMZ]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.