It’s amazing that so many men felt the need to write Paul Ryan takes. But they did!
- Ivanka Trump is empowering the women of Peru by meeting with business leaders and looking at quinoa. [Twitter/Instagram]
- Honestly, her whole Instagram story is amazing. I’ve watched it at least three times. Here’s a screenshot:
- While Ivanka was looking at quinoa, House Republicans introduced proposals for the next Farm Bill that could have a severe impact on the 20 million Americans eligible for SNAP. Among the proposals is a “plan to raise the age to 59 from 49 for recipients to be required to meet certain work requirements in order to receive food stamps.” [Reuters]
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee asked Secretary of State nominee Mike Pompeo about everything from the Iran nuclear deal to diversity, LGTBQ rights, and whether or not he’d be a “yes man” for Donald Trump (he will). [Washington Post]
- Between the never-ending news of rich guy scandals, it might not look like Trump is draining the swamp, but today he said that he was, in fact, draining the swamp. [ABC News]
- RIP Rod Rosenstein. [The Hill]
- The Republican National Committee has launched “Lying Comey,” a website aimed at discrediting the former FBI director in advance of his book tour. It cites Chris Cillizza. [CNN]
- Former Texas congressman Steve Stockman has been found guilty on 23 felony counts over his mishandling of campaign expenses. That is so many felony counts. [Talking Points Memo]
- Read about how Immigration and Customs Enforcement is “aggressively embracing their newfound freedom” under the Trump administration. [ProPublica]
This has been Barf Bag.