Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
It’s amazing that so many men felt the need to write Paul Ryan takes. But they did!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Ivanka Trump is empowering the women of Peru by meeting with business leaders and looking at quinoa. [Twitter/Instagram]
- Honestly, her whole Instagram story is amazing. I’ve watched it at least three times. Here’s a screenshot:
- While Ivanka was looking at quinoa, House Republicans introduced proposals for the next Farm Bill that could have a severe impact on the 20 million Americans eligible for SNAP. Among the proposals is a “plan to raise the age to 59 from 49 for recipients to be required to meet certain work requirements in order to receive food stamps.” [Reuters]
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee asked Secretary of State nominee Mike Pompeo about everything from the Iran nuclear deal to diversity, LGTBQ rights, and whether or not he’d be a “yes man” for Donald Trump (he will). [Washington Post]
- Between the never-ending news of rich guy scandals, it might not look like Trump is draining the swamp, but today he said that he was, in fact, draining the swamp. [ABC News]
- RIP Rod Rosenstein. [The Hill]
- The Republican National Committee has launched “Lying Comey,” a website aimed at discrediting the former FBI director in advance of his book tour. It cites Chris Cillizza. [CNN]
- Former Texas congressman Steve Stockman has been found guilty on 23 felony counts over his mishandling of campaign expenses. That is so many felony counts. [Talking Points Memo]
- Read about how Immigration and Customs Enforcement is “aggressively embracing their newfound freedom” under the Trump administration. [ProPublica]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.