Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
- Former prosecutor and current maniac Rudy Giuliani has announced that he will be joining the president’s embattled legal team. I don’t know much else, but I do know that Bob Mueller better watch the heck out that he is not swallowed right into the dark infinity of the former New York City mayor’s gaping maw. Bet you wish you were Donald J. Trump right about now, represented by the best of the best! [Washington Post]
- Rosenstein reportedly told Trump that he’s not a target in either Mueller or Cohen’s probes, to which Trump reportedly responded by saying that he no longer needs to fire Rosenstein and/or Mueller, to which I reportedly say that really sounds like something you aren’t supposed to say out loud??? [Bloomberg]
- Jim Bridenstine, Trump’s nominee to lead NASA, finally squeaked by on a party-line vote. Read all about how great he is here! [New York Times]
- Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, meanwhile, has said she will vote to confirm Mike Pompeo as Secretary of State. [The Hill]
- House Judiciary Democrats have released a report outlining every oversight effort they have made regarding the Trump administration, most of which have not received a response. [The Hill]
- An appeals court blocked the Trump administration from a crackdown on sanctuary cities. [Politico]
This has been Barf Bag.