Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
The news makes me want to barf all day, every day.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The head of the Secret Service, Randolph “Tex” Alles, is on his way out. [CNN]
- As are, reportedly, head of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services L. Francis Cissna and the Department of Homeland Security’s general counsel John Mitnik. [New York Times]
- Democrats are ready to embrace the forgotten demographic: white men. [AP]
- Echoing rhetoric of fascists, Trump declares that “Our country is full!” [Washington Post]
- Puerto Rico is still waiting for aid after Hurricane Maria devastated the island. [New York Times]
- The Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence have been fixated on finding a link between black protesters and ISIS, though there is no evidence to support that suspicion. [The Intercept]
- The Trump administration doesn’t want to pay you overtime. [Economic Policy Institute]
- An analysis by the Washington Post finds that mass shootings have little impact on the local politics of a community. [Washington Post]
- Barack Obama says that “we can’t label everybody who is disturbed by immigration as a racist,” to which I say...hmmm. [Newsweek]
- Beto O’Rourke calls Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu racist. [Guardian]
- Alec Balwin, go away. [Twitter]
- Climate activists are applying public pressure to force a climate debate during the Democratic primaries. [Mother Jones]
- Motel6 will pay out $12 million to settle a lawsuit alleging that several Washington state chains illegally shared personal data with immigration officials. [ABC News]
- The city of Adelanto will no longer oversee the management of its local ICE detention facility, the largest immigrant detention facility in California, meaning that ICE can partner directly with the private prison without local government oversight. This is all very complicated and bad. [Los Angeles Times]
- A Chicago county is monitoring minors awaiting trial without their consent. [The Appeal]
- Anti-abortion protesters in the U.K. are ramping up their harassment during Lent. [Guardian]
- Bernie Sanders has some thoughts on immigration that are very bad:
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.