Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Tuesday cry time.
- Michael Cohen may or may not say all kinds of shit about the president and his terrible family during his public testimony on Wednesday. [Politico]
- President Trump told Kim Jong Un that he is not “messed up” like other people who grew up rich so I guess that’s settled. [CNN]
- A House committee voted to subpoena members of the Trump administration over its family separation policy. More than 2,700 children were separated from their parents while the policy was in place. [New York Times]
- Another anti-trans bill has died in South Dakota, but more are cropping up across the country. Chase Strangio, a staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union, praised the victory while bracing for more: “We’ve been able to defeat bills four bills in South Dakota this year, and that’s huge. But I fully anticipate that we will see more next year.” [Out]
- Mark Harris is out in the new election for North Carolina’s 9th District. [The Week]
- And this guy is in!
- The largest strike of the Trump era is happening in Pennsylvania right now, where nearly 2,000 of the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America are fighting back a new owner. [HuffPost]